Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama!

Today is my mama’s birthday. Actually yesterday, but we don’t dare greet her on the exact day coz there seem to be some jinx and she’ll come down with something if we do that. Hopefully by this time she’s all warm and cozy sipping her morning coffee and biting on some crusty pandesal with crumbs falling down the table linen.

Sunday morning is always me and my brother’s favorite. Mama will do her gourmet style cooking while humming with the 60’s classics beating on the radio. She would sometimes cross her kitchen to watch an early morning cooking show while waiting for her dish to simmer. Oh how I miss that!


For your birthday ma, I’m sending this yellow tulip from across the cyberspace. I know you will like it. I also know that you like red roses better. I took the picture myself. And like the way it is in our family, you would gladly accept what me and kuya made of ourselves, yet there will still be red roses for your children to choose to take..

Thank your for walking with us in every step, for smelling every flowers that come our way, for taking out the thorns so we can held out each stem easily, for healing our wounds even if you’re bleeding.. we love you so much.. lets celebrate more birthdays okay?

No comments: