Monday, November 10, 2008

this is Raqx hibernating.

I didn't realize its been a month since my last post. I think my body and mind is currently undergoing an unconscious hibernation. Our metal sliding doors and windows are now shut, effectively shielding us from the cold and simultaneously blocking the light. So even at a broad daylight which is already short as it is, my house appears to be at night time when it is best to be lazy...sleep..and.. eat. yah yah! I can paint the mountain of unburned calories in my head alright. So i tried.. not to be a bum. Last weekend was way beyond unsuccessful since I only got up from sofa to go to coin dryer. But weeks before that..i think I made a pretty good job. :)

here's why





I made KYARABEN for the first time! and it was my entree to our friendly competition with my work partner. Actually there were only two of us..for fun. But there were more judges than we thought. Kids' moms did the informal judging. Plus some more of our co-workers too. My work-partner really did a neat job I'll post her entry later.

I agreed, or we actually mutually challenged each other to take our bento-making into the next level- the Kyaraben. I've never done this but always wanted to. Without any idea what to make, I surf and surf for vector images until I found none (thats easy enough to interest me anyways). Luckily, the day before the "judgement day" I was on my way to Tokyo when I texted a friend and asked for directions going to a filipino store, thats when I noticed my totoro bling hanging tightly on my cellphone..and there flowed ideas.

I opted to make a "grinning totoro" with makkurokurosuke and chibi-totoro. I always wanted to go to ghibli museum and if you have no idea who totoro and other characters are... you can check this site

Save yourself from asking...it took me 2 hours to make all these. I cooked everything from scratch including the rice so I can have a good gauge of the prep time :)

No comments: