Wednesday, November 14, 2007

His anniversary bento

13th will always be special in our hearts. While some people would be spooking over the number you can probably find us celebrating on this date. It was the 13th of February when we confirmed to ourselves that we’d finally be a couple, that we entered a commitment. Even as just boyfriends and girlfriends. I can’t speak for him but I was never noted to be good at commitments…until that day. *wink*

Thus another bento unfolds with a touch of my specialty. Pasta mia!


Baked Penne in tomato and cream

I set the pasta to boil while preparing for the sauce. Cut the ham or bacon into strips and upon hubby’s request add some shrimps, I used the market prepared mushroom so I don’t need to cut it anymore. And hmmm yeah that’s about it. In a heated pan stir fry the ham bits, shrimp and mushroom. Pour the contents of 400g can sliced tomato in tomato juice. Add 1 tbsp. tomato paste and a pinch of dried basil (fresh is always preferred) some salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 5 minutes in very low fire just so flavors would blend well. Then add 150g pack whipped cream. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Lay penne in a baking dish, pour the sauce and top with parmesan. Bake in 170 degree Celsius for twenty minutes.

Home made mcgriddle

Its one of our favorite breakfast at mcdonalds. Since its only available until 10 in the morning I prepared one for us to eat for lunch. So easy! Cook ready-to-make pancake, fry some round ham and egg, stack them together and that’s it!

Sausage onigiri

To fill up spaces both in hubby’s bento box and his stomach I added two onigiri. Just ball Jap rice and stuff sausage with mayonnaise in the middle. I sprinkled some shredded nori and some sesame seeds for additional color and flavor.

till tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

another "visual" feast for me.

as usual, gutom na naman ako. hehe but i'll have my regular dose of junk from the corner Mcdo...

maybe, i'll just sing-

the food in my mind...

hlF said...

OMGulay~! kakagutom!!! pakainin mo naman ako raqx!!!

karmi said...

this is impressive raqx. i'm jealous of romar.

raqueLLe said...

bill, fetch me a cup of berry yogurt in mcdo pls! jam lang ang nilalagay nila dito eh!daya.

herbie, sige pakainin kita sa sabado kita tayo sa bahay ni Sir Quimpo ng 6 ha ;)

karms, dont be! make one for you and andress too! *wink*