Thursday, November 08, 2007

oh bento! ang pagbabalik

For few days now I have been spending more time in my kitchen than I usually do. And all we were having for dinner are home cooked meals! Some would be spilled for bento the following day although some were also made fresh. I wasn’t thinking of blogging our lunchboxes that’s why I don’t have all their pictures. But I realize that someday when my brain shunts to a different direction I can just do an encore of my husband’s obento. And always the better way to keep files tidy is to dump most of it online. Heehee!

Tuesday, November 6

You know when sometimes you have a little bit of everything and you don’t know what to do with it yet you don’t want to chuck it away in a bin? Plus by force of nature you are again procrastinating on some assignments? *wink* .This was the aftermath of that!

Fried Rice:

I sliced one sausage into bits and the same for the spinach. Heat the pan with oil. Put in the sausage until it brown and add the rice. I made a mixture of 1 tsp. tomato ketchup, 1 tsp. oyster sauce and 1tsp. of soy sauce and poured it on the rice. Season with salt and pepper then add spinach and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Meat balls:


I prepared the mixture night before and just ball and fry the following morning.
It was a combination of singkamas or yam bean, carrots, onion, garlic, leeks and ground beef all made into tiny pieces by my handy food processor. Oh its soooo helpful! I put in one egg and one bread slice to make it sticky and season with salt and pepper. Before frying I balled it with my hands and stuff a cheddar cheese inside for an extra surprise.

Spirelli as an appetizer

This one is so easy! I boiled the spirelli in cooking directions drizzle with olive oil sprinkle some tuna, chopped nuts and parmesan cheese and finish!!

Rolled scrambled egg

I only did this for purposes of presentation and color! Hehehe. Scramble one egg, season with salt and pepper put in a heated pan with little oil, spread thinly then roll and cut to pieces.

Excesses are good for hubby’s breakfast plate and I still have my usual green tea. Hmmm my dear friends who knows me from head to toe might find one of their eyebrow ceiling high.. but yeah…I’m having green tea and not coffee for some unknown reason.



ps. pictures not taken with my EOS kiss for a very frustrating reason.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nakakagutom naman. :)

Off topic: Lea's concert was great. I was seated in the front row, just a few feet away from her. so i saw her really up close and personal. he-he

got to talk to her also after the show when i asked her to autograph a book. i'll post a review of the concert and other stuffs maybe tomorrow. pagod pa from the trip, just happy trolling the net and reading posts from my blog pals for now.. :)

karmi said...

hola raqx! i adore your bento posts. i also love leftovers. isn't it great when you don't have to throw anything?

raqueLLe said...

Bill,

im so turning green right now! :P

karms,

i know!they fill up heaps of spaces but i simply cant afford to be wasteful.