Friday, November 09, 2007

oh bento!

Because of my uncooperative digicam that ran out of battery and me running late for work I only have limited shots of our lunchbox. This was what I packed that went with us last Wednesday, November 7.




Rice (topmost)

I cooked an extra the previous night and the morning bahaw (leftover rice) was just modestly topped with the almost empty purikake that’s been sitting on my cupboard.

Burger patties (bottom left)

It was just an encore of yesterday. I merely changed the shape this time. Cheese was still stuffed at the middle. Hubby requested for this because he claimed that he so loved the meatballs from yesterday *weee*. I spread some mayonnaise to break the dark color and it also tasted well with the patties.

Eggplant omelet (bottom middle)

I softened the eggplant buy passing it over through the fire until I can peel off the skin. This is a shortcut. I know I should have grilled the eggplant first like how my mama does it. Pour 1 beaten egg flatten and stuff a little bit of meat mixture (still the parent of meatballs and patties) before folding the sides, dash with salt, pepper and parmesan and fry. Because I was lazy, the egg burned so fast, the eggplant took its time to cook and meat inside cooked slower. Maybe I will try to bake it next time.

Vegetable appetizer

I cut a few piece from the broccoli head, carved some carrots (what was left from carving I placed in the ref) pinched some salt, pepper and parmesan with half a tsp. of butter and shove it inside a microwave. That’s it!

I cut some slack I know. Maybe the next bento will be better.

2 comments:

karmi said...

hmmm. the eggplant omelet is my favorite. in bicol we call it "tortang talong". i love it! it's better when it's grilled but sometimes boiling it works as well. i never add meat though. eggplant is an amazing veggie: there are so many ways to cook it. when i went to italy, i went crazy over the varieties of cooked eggplants...so yummy!!

raqueLLe said...

we also call it tortang talong! yummy! pero im thinking of just baking it coz it absorbs too much oil. :(